Sunday, June 18, 2006

Purpose versus Plan

I've been so concentrating on the purpose for my life that I've completely overlooked the point that I already know my purpose. As a believer, an apostle, the ecclesia, our purpose is to worship - to magnify Christ (Mark 12:30), evanglize (Col. 4:5), ministry (1 Peter 4:10), discipleship (Phil 2:5) as well as to prepare for life in eternity.

Today we studied the second in a six part series of "The Purpose Driven Life: 40 days of purpose." It occured to me that it all sounds like a rerun, I've heard this before (after all I've read the book and I also have it on CD). I then discovered that it isn't purpose I am seeking, but God's plan for my life.

I'm not talking about God's plan for salvation, I know that, I live it. I'm talking about God's plan for my life, with the talents, gifts, and skills that he has so generously imparted to me, what am I do to glorify Him? What would glorify Him? That is my purpose: to glorify Him by living His plan for life, not my own, but rather His life through me.

I read another blog today about a woman who sounds a lot like me however she is about 12 years younger. She has similar talents and skills. I am a full-time student majoring in Management and Leadership and I am doing very well with my studies. But how am I to serve God and to glorify Him with the talent and skills he has so graciously bestowed upon me? I suggested this to person that perhaps she should consider Life Coach or Change Management, which are two considerations I am looking into.

As a Life Coach I would be in good position to help mentor others, even disciple younger Christians into maturity in Christ so that they too, can expedite their purpose and God's plan for their life. Can it be true? Can I really serve in such a capacity and make a difference that glorifies the Father?

Points to ponder through purpose versus plan...

No comments: